Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween. Or "Gay Christmas."


Whew! I survived another Halloween- or as I like to call it, Gay Christmas. It's the time of the year where kids and adults get to dress up, deck out the house with spooky decor, and eat candy (or drink) until they puke. But gay guys especially go all out for Halloween. In LA the West Hollywood Halloween parade is one of the biggest events of the year, overshadowing even Gay Pride. (gasp!) Last year over 350,000 people came into town to see (or gawk) at the outlandish costumes. While most guys use this holiday as an opportunity to expose as much skin as possible, there are also the requisite sexy drag queens, political costumes, and creepy creatures.

Speaking of creepy creatures, how about this unicorn?


Just kidding, it's my favorite celebrity muse- Child Bride Courtney Stodden!
Here is the creepy unicorn:



And speaking of creepy, here are gay Batman and Robin doing it:
Like I said, "costumes" that leave as little to the imagination as possible.



But my favorite costume from this year's parade is the "ruined Jesus fresco."



Now for some celebrity crap:

Kim "the Antichrist" Kardashian briefly considered a leopard costume that shows off her talents; I'm sure the back is also sheer like Prince's booty-less jeans!

 

But she ended up playing it safe and going for a predictable couple's costume with beau Kanye West. Boo.

 

But the grand winner (in my opinion) for celebrity Halloween costumes is
-and it kills me to say this-
Katy Perry. I absolutely LURVE her Daria and Jane Lane costumes!

 

And if you don't remember this amazing MTV cartoon from the 90s look it up now on YouTube or Hulu or whatever! Here, I'll do it for you.



Now for the overall classiest celebrity costume, from one of the classiest celebs there is: Chris Brown and friends as Arabs with guns- "terrorists," I would imagine.  Nicely done.

 

With the exceptions of Jesus and Katy Perry, it seems that if you're not spooky for Halloween you have to be slutty, naked, or offensive. And while I like an off-color joke as much as the next guy, the last thing I want to see on Halloween night is Chris Brown with a beard and gun. I can't believe people buy this guy's music, let alone give him awards!

Ugh. I'm on team Katy Perry this year.

Until next year, Happy Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment